Even in the midst of COVID-19, family gatherings are an important part of the holiday season. After all, being with family and loved ones is a vital way to keep the normalcy in a chaotic time. For that reason, it’s important to help your guests feel joy and warmth when they visit this year. One of the best ways to bring the holidays to life in our homes is through beautiful holiday décor.
Below are a few tips and tricks to help you with decorating your home for Thanksgiving.
6 Tips on Decorating for Thanksgiving
- Add a bit of whimsy with some pumpkins. You don’t have to have a giant, orange gourd in your home to display the holiday spirit. Opt for something a little smaller and paint them to match your décor. You can even choose faux pumpkins over real ones so you can use them over and over again.
- Pull some of the outside inside. Autumn is all about the world outside changing into new, brilliant colors. Right before your visitors arrive, go clip a couple of tree branches and place them in vases in the living and dining areas.
- Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas. If you have some blank space above the TV or fireplace, hang a colorful wreath. Something weaved with vines, berries or autumnal leaves will be sure to make an interesting focal piece.
- Light a fire. If you have a fireplace in your living room, take advantage of it! It creates a warm and cozy feeling in the gathering space and is reminiscent of the fun bonfires many of us enjoy this time of year.
- Keep it simple. Don’t go overboard with the oranges, reds and yellows – this can be too much of a good thing. Instead, just add pops of color around rooms of your home to keep a subtly festive atmosphere. This can be a quick décor switch by swapping out certain items for something more seasonally appropriate, like colorful candles, pillow covers and other small touches.
- Do a little DIY. If you have kids or grandkids running around, why not let them put their own touch on the décor? Set up arts-and-crafts time and help them make a garland of paper acorns or have them help you paint some pumpkins. Any decorative crafts they make can quickly become memories you can cherish for years to come.
Use Crampt for Storing Thanksgiving Decorations
Once Thanksgiving is over and your guests have all departed until the next holiday, you may find yourself with decorations you have nowhere to store. Rather than throw them out, turn to Crampt! We’re your on-demand storage experts in Austin, TX. Whether you just need to store a few seasonal items or you’re downsizing to a smaller home, Crampt has storage space sized just for you. And with our easy, convenient process, we pick your items up and drop them back off to you when you need them. This means you never have to worry about another trip to your storage unit.
Get your personal quote today and see how easy storage can be with Crampt!